October 31, 2008

Trunk - or - Treat's

I just wanted to say I think Trunk or Treat's are stupid.

In the 80's and 90's we had to work for our candy and go door to door. Now the kids and parents are lazy and just go car to car and they have a bag full in 60 minutes or less.

They say it is for safety but as a kid we only went to houses of who we know. If you think your kids aren't safe then go with them or go to a different neighborhood.

We usually aren't home on Halloween night and we will be gone most of the night this year.

So if you want candy from me then you have to work for it and come to my house and come before 7:00.

Also If you have a really good costume I will give you more candy and if it is crappy you are only getting one piece.

5 comments:

Turbo said...

Hahahaha, well said.

Savannah said...

I hate trunk-or-treat too! My fondest memories of my childhood are Halloween. I loved going door to door in my costume. I don't go to trunk-or-treat, but I can imaigine like 100 kids ON SUGAR running around wild in a parking lot. That sounds like too much work to me!

Mindy said...

Wow Liz. Such passion. I would also like to add that I hate when kids go to the Trunk or Treat, then come to the houses. Pick one seriously!

shreevit2beaver said...

As someone who never enjoyed Halloween as a kid I have to say I love the idea of a trunk or treat(getting it over with) but I just wanted to say your post made me laugh. I should have come to your house I think you would have liked our costumes. I might have gotten more than one piece of candy:)

kamikae said...

Ha! I agree I hate them too but my kids sure love them. We didn't go to one this year, thank goodness.