October 20, 2008

Half Marathon




I made it.

I had a fun time in Moab. I got there Saturday afternoon and my friends took there jeep off-road to see Gemini Bridges. Then we went out for pasta.

Sunday I ran the Half Marathon it was a pretty run. The start of the race you go over a bridge and the bridge was bouncing because of all the runners on it. The course had a lot of hills at the end which made it hard.


Here is Stella, Me, and Christi before the race.


Christi and Josh before the race
Stella, Me, Christi after the race.
I stayed an extra day and on Monday I went shopping on Main Street in Moab and then we went to Arches National Park and drove through it. We got lost on the way home my friend said she knew the way so we didn't pull the map out. We went about a hour past where we were suppose to turn. So we went home a different way it took us about 2 hours extra to get home but it was fun chatting and seeing the pretty mountains in Central Utah.

It was a fun getaway. I don't know if I can do a full marathon ever but I am going to try to train and run one in the spring for one.

4 comments:

Turbo said...

Nice work! PS one of our friends started doing the ice bath thing. They said it works awesome. I still don't think that I have the courage. hahahah

Mimi, that one girl said...

Heck yes!! good job, you're sooo awesome :)

kamikae said...

Good job, I'm jealous. I should have been there with you. Hopefully next time.

Summer said...

way to go Liz! I am so happy for you!!