February 11, 2009

Speed Work - The good The bad The ugly

I am not the fastest runner I admit I am pretty slow. The past few weeks I have been doing speed work during the week to get faster with some friends.

It isn't easy or fun but I hope it will pay off.

This is what we have been doing.

warm up run 1 mile
run a half mile at our 5k pace
rest (walk) for 2 minutes
repeat for a total of 5-6 half miles.
cool down for ½ - 1 mile run depending on how much time we have.

You can also do them as mile repeats but I would like to finish the run alive.

Our goal is to keep your pace the same each half mile.
I will post a update if it pays off for me after I run the Moab Half marathon next month.

Saturday I get to run my 18 mile run for training for my spring marathons. It will be the furthest I have ever run in my life. Wish me luck and say a prayer for me and good weather :)

1 comment:

Turbo said...

That's awesome. I'm sure it will pay off. Good luck on your long run! I actually broke the seal tonight a cranked out a quick 6mi. The first time out since October. I hope that I can get it going again. Thanks for helping me stay motivated. Now if I can just get my freaking nike plus to work right. Hahaha