September 26, 2010

Diet Coke and Life Lately

I have to admit I have been a lover of Diet Coke for a long time. I have decided to lower how much I drink of it. An awesome fact for you Jason hasn't had soda pop in 11 years. I don't want to go to that extreme but I want to lower how much of it I do drink. My problem is my work has free soda fountains and it has been addicting. A few weeks ago I started lowering the amount to 1 a day at work then last Wednesday I have gone down to none at work. The only soda I had was 1 can at my mother-in-law's I couldn't resist the "brown and fizzy" as my friend Angie calls it.

Other things going on:

I have been slacking at running I haven't run in 2 weeks and I am supposed to run a half marathon on October 30th. I am planning on going tonight or at least go walking.


My brother's little boys had a sleep over Friday. They were such good little boys for the sleep over. I added a picture to make the post more exciting. The older little boy didn't want to wear his PJ shirt that was packed for him so he is wearing my Red Rock Relay shirt that will never fit me or Jason.
Christian told me that Jason is his best friend. He is so cute he loves his uncle Jason.
I have been crocheting this month with a friend. It has been fun to find someone that lives really close that likes to crochet. We hang out and Crochet Jason goes to their house with me and plays Halo with her husband. I have made 4 blankets the past few months and started knitting a baby hat.

The fertility drugs aren't working so far. My hormone level should be at 4 and the first month it was .5 and this month it was .6 so I am not close to the level I should be at. The Doctor has doubled the Clomid (fertility drug) this month. I have PCOS so I also am taking glucophage, a medication that makes cells more sensitive to insulin, it has been shown to make ovulation normal. I think it is crazy because glucophage is usually for diabetes.

My friend that I crochet with also has PCOS she is the one that told me I should try fertility drugs again because it worked for her when taking the glucophage with Clomid. We went to her little boy’s 2 year old party today and she is pregnant so I hope I have results like her. Fertility drugs this time hasn't been as emotional for me as last time. I think it is because I am planning on the worst (not pregnant) and hoping for the best.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never had to go through the soda withdrawal. I've heard it is really tough.

Good luck with the fertility treatment. Stay faithful and hang in there!

Chris and Hilary said...

I have been trying to cut down on my Diet Coke drinking, too! I swear something about Diet Coke, everyone I know is addicted to it! I think working at Contacts definitely doesn't help...I am pretty sure that is where I got addicted to it!

I have my fingers crossed for you and am sending baby vibes your way! I was at a baby shower last weekend for a friend with PCOS. Took a while, but she was also on clomid, and is now expecting twins! You will be a great Mom and you have TONS of practice with all your little nieces and nephews! :)

Lilet said...

Cute pictures, good luck with the treatments and let me know it's going. :)