June 3, 2010

Socks or No Socks?

My husband thinks it is gross that I don't always wear socks. He puts socks on the second he gets out of the shower. I think the only time he doesn't have socks on is in the shower I only wear socks if I have shoes that I think I have to wear socks with. Tonight we went for a walk and I was wearing shoes that didn't need socks and he thought I was crazy. He said it must run in the family because my brother and his kids never have shoes on. We were at a wedding and someone asked me if his son was mine I said nope it is my brother's little boy. Their response was "I should have known he doesn't have shoes on."

Am I the only one that doesn't always wear socks? I don't like socks because I got athlete foot when I was younger and I think the Doctor told me to go barefoot as much as possible to prevent it. Why get socks dirty it is just more laundry that you have to wash and fold.

While on the subject of feet. I am proud to say I have not gotten any black toenails from running. I guess wearing running shoes that are 1.5 sizes too big have paid off (size 11.5 in women).

Have a good weekend everyone. I am running up the canyon with my mom and sister in law to Bridal Vail Falls for hill training then going to a baptism of one of the kids in my class at church and a family dinner on Sunday. I like lazy weekends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm torn. I see both of your point-of-views.

I wear socks with shoes most of the time, and always when I work-out. I never wear them to bed. However, I love the no-sock, free-foot feeling; hence, why I wear sandals quite a bit. (Does Jason wear socks with sandals? i.e. the 1990s Birkenstock look.)

Liz said...

He only wears sandals to the pool and he wears flip flops with no socks. So he doesn't wear the 1990 look.

Shalauna said...

Liz, I am totally with you! I hate wearing socks. That's actually one of the reasons why I don't like winter, because I have to wear socks. If I can get around it, I never have them on. No shoes, no socks, no problem.