May 24, 2010

#2436

I know this is a late blog but I made my goal of becoming a marathon maniac on April 17th. I am maniac # 2436 by running Surf City Marathon, Napa Valley Marathon, Salt Lake Marathon. It felt great to run Ogden Marathon in Maniac gear and have other Maniac’s notice me in the gear. I am going to go on a Marathon break till September when I run Pocatello in September and St. George in October.

Work has been really busy the past few months and the week of Ogden was extra busy at work and home. Then we got kicked out of our hotel that was across the street from the bus pickup and had to drive 20 minutes the morning of the race. The room below us was loud till midnight and I swear I could feel the floor shaking from them or people in the hall. So I went to bed a little after midnight and woke up at 3AM. I think that affected my Ogden marathon or that is my excuse for a personal worse race. I cried at mile 14 or 15 and wanted to be done. There was a van that drove by and asked me if I wanted a ride to the finish. There is no way I would be pick-up off a course unless I was hurt. I was in the bottom 10 runners but that is better than being picked up.

Because of running crappy at Ogden it has made me not want to run Casper Full Marathon that only has 150ish runners. I know I would be in dead last or close to it if I run the full marathon. So I am going for a new goal of running 3 half marathons in 3 weeks and run Ragnar Relay the week after the 3 half marathons.

Here are some pictures to enjoy.

My first race in my Marathon Maniac shirt as Maniac #2436

Me and my mom at mile 8ish of Ogden Marathon

My mom and I at the finish line.

she got picked up at mile 17. She was less than 400 yards from the canyon where you have to be to not be picked up off the course at 3.5 hours. They gave her a medal she ran over a half marathon so she totally deserves it.


Me and 2 other Utah Maniacs Kevin & Franz.

Franz is the most motivation runner along with my 2 friends Angie and Teresa. He waited 2 hours after he finished to cheer me at the finish line. He told me how great and wonderful I did when he was 2 hours faster.

Salt Lake Marathon.

I went out way too fast and was ahead my 15 minutes of my best time I am not sure what mile this picture was at but I think it is before I hit the wall at mile 16.5 I walked the last 10 miles. I finished 5 minutes slower than last year so not to bad.

1 comment:

Tif said...

Way to go Liz! That is amazing! I think you are awesome.