March 23, 2011

I have been Busy Busy...

I haven’t blogged for a while. I just have been busy and we don't have internet at home. Fertility drugs didn’t work and so I am just enjoying life and kids will come when they are suppose to for now we aren’t going to do anything in the fertility or adoption area.

I am signed up for Ogden and San Francisco Marathon I also am signed up for a few half marathons along the way to help train for race day. I am up to 16 miles and feeling good.

I got a road bike a month ago I have fallen over 1 time. I went biking with my sister and we turned around I was turned around and had 1 foot clipped in and standing on the other foot. I was waiting for Danielle to turn around and I lost my balance and fell over. I had a good laugh at myself. Then I got hit by a car when ridding from my brother’s house to my house the road was narrow and I went around a corner and a car behind me came around the corner and didn’t see me so I heard tires screeching and then the car hitting the median. My heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to be dead. I found that it only takes 5 minutes longer to go from my brother’s house on my bike than in the car that is just crazy.

I have signed up for a 40 mile bike ride in May and a 62 mile ride in September.

I have been taking different knitting classes. I took 1 to learn how to make a sweater from the top down and then a sweater class that you make the pieces and sew them together. I am signed up for 3 more classes over the next 2 months and will be learning how to make fingerless gloves and socks. It has been fun learning how to make different things and seeing the finished projects.
I will try to blog more but my guess is I won’t till after Ogden marathon May 21st. But for now here is a picture of my frog jason got me when dating wearing a sweater I made for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, Liz! Be careful on your road bike. I wish drivers would be more cautious of cyclists, but they just aren't.

I love seeing your knitting projects. They are so cute!

As for family matters, you have a great perspective: take life as it comes, and enjoy it in the meantime!

Good luck with your many races., and welcome back to the blogging world.

Ross n Jen said...

My guess on your first bike fall is that Danielle probably threw a stick under your tire. Heh heh. And way to go on your marathons! I'm looking forward to another half - I don't know how people run a full 26.2! Although I WILL be running one once I'm trained up!