August 22, 2009

PR AGAIN!

This morning I ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon. I got a PR (personal record) according to my watch I ran it in 2:36:07 so another minute off my time. I am waiting for the official time to be posted but it shouldn't be much different.

Because they started the race so late it is probably the hottest race I have run. It was suppose to start at 7:15 but they didn't start till 7:45. I couldn't get myself to run the last few miles. It took so much for me to run the last 1/2 mile. I felt much better at Provo River Half.

I called my mom after I ran it and she was saying how she was sad that I wasn't running Top of Utah Half with her next Saturday. She said she would pay for me to run it with her. I can't pass up a free race so I am running another Half Marathon next Saturday. I am going to take the race a little slower and stick with my mom. It will be my 3rd Half Marathon this month and my 6th half in a little over a year.
When I got home from the race I thought it would be a good idea to take an ice bath. It was really cold but I am sure my legs are singing praises to me for doing it. I haven't taken an ice bath since last summer. I haven't been able to get myself to take one after running in the winter because I would come home shivering after the drive home from SLC.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Holy cow, Liz! You're an animal with these 1/2 marathons! What a great way to work out. I need some motivation...

Anonymous said...

I am glad you've found a new "love". Keep it up! It's a great way to stay in physical shape and receive mental rejuvenation.

Nishant said...

totally want to be in your fan club.

Work from home India

Nishant said...

good done

Work from home India