Lately it seems like everything bad is happening at the same time.
I have blogged before that I got a stress fracture in my foot from running the Salt Lake Marathon. I couldn't run the Half Marathon that I was going to run while visiting my sister in California last week. I am also pretty sure I am not running Ogden Marathon on the 16th that I registered for last November and is the main race I wanted to run this spring and I can't transfer the registration to next year or another runner. Running is one thing that I do for myself and what has been keeping me going. I haven't run in almost 3 weeks and probably won't for another 3 weeks.
My husband has been having a lot of health problems and hasn't been working for a few months and the doctors haven't been able to find the right medications to get him feeling better. With not having his income we haven't had enough to cover all our bills and we have had to use almost all of our savings that we have built up.
We have great medical insurance but we have a deductible of $3,000 before the insurance covers anything. But guess what we hit the deductible amount last month and have %100 of our medical bills covered for rest of the year.
I was noticing on warmer days when I tried to use my car's air conditioning that it wasn't working. I thought it was just needed coolant so I checked it and it was low I filled it up and then we didn't have warm days for a few weeks. Then we had a warm day and it still didn't work so I took it in for repair. They said a rock or something must of bounced up under my car and broke the condenser and my AC wouldn't work unless we replaced it. I guess that is what happens when my drive to work is 25 miles each way.
Then I have noticed that our couch that we purchased December 2007 was bowing in the middle whenever someone sat on it. I had noticed it for a while but first thought it was just getting broken in but it was getting really bad. I talked to my brother and he said the frame was broken and would be easy to fix. I called RC Willey about it and it's warranty was only 1 year but it would only be $70 to have a repair man fix it. I think $70 is worth mine and my brother's time to just have a repair man fix it.
Our Fridge died the last Wednesday while I was in California visiting my sister. Jason didn't want to pick a fridge without me (which I am glad I got to pick it out). So Jason lived out of a cooler or ate over at his mom's house. I got home Sunday and Monday morning we went to RC Willey's first thing and picked a fridge out.
Then today while I was doing yard work our renter (we have a basement apartment) told me that the washer in the apartment isn't working and she had told Jason on Saturday I am the one that deals with all the Landlord stuff and Jason totally forgot that she told him. The washer is probably 15+ years old it was my parents old washer and we used it when we got married and left it in the apartment when we moved upstairs because we had to get a gas dryer for upstairs so got a new set and left the old downstairs. I could just not replace it and let them get their own washer and dryer. But it is nice when trying to find renters. So tomorrow after work I get to go shopping for a new Washer.
I was having a pitty party for myself yesterday because of everything breaking and Jason's health problems. It was one of those days that I just wanted to crawl under a rock and stay there.
I have know that I needed to have a better attitude about my hardships and remember that they are all just trials and that I can make it through anything. I am thankful that I have great family & friends. I have a great job at an awesome company. I am very blessed to have a home to live in, and that I have enough food to eat 3 meals a day. Which is more than a majority of the world doesn't have.
I am just hoping and praying that things turn around for us soon.
4 comments:
Yes :) I am glad you know how abundant life can be. Thing do get better. I am really sorry about your foot :( I will send good energy your way :)
OH man, that stinks. Does RC Willey give you a discount for shopping there so much? I hope that Jason gets feeling better and you can get back on your foot!
I totally understand how you feel. When it rains it pours. We are also going through the financial crunch too. Everything at once! And I feel so bad for you that you can't release your stress by running. Hope your foot feels better and just think you only have 3 weeks left!!!! In the mean time, I'll send Grace over to cheer you up!
Oh Liz... what in the heck?!! I'm so sorry to hear all of that. What a royal pain in the butt. I would be having a major pity party for myself. Keep your chin up and I will keep you in my prayers. I hope things turn around soon! And they will!
Post a Comment