While running the SLC marathon at around mile 17 my foot started to hurt. I thought it was just normal pain from running so long. After the marathon I could barely put any weight on my foot and limped back to my car.
It has hurt all week when I walk or put weight on it. I have been doing RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate) all this week I even have a ice pack under my desk at work. My legs feel great I could do a 10 mile run today if it wasn’t for my dang foot. After talking to 2 of my experienced running friends they think I have a stress fracture in my foot.
So I haven’t run at all this week and I am going to the podiatrist tomorrow to see if they can tell me what is wrong. If it is a stress fracture I hope/pray that I can just stay off of it till next Saturday and it will be better because I am going to California Tuesday to visit my sister and while I am out there I signed up to run a Half Marathon next Saturday along the American River Parkway.
I will let you know how the doctor appointment goes.
1 comment:
Congrats again, on the race. I'm sorry to hear about your foot. That is crappy. I actually read a very interesting article about running shoes this week. If nothing else, it gave me something to think about. Here is a link to it.
Post a Comment