March 16, 2009

Canyonland Half Marathon

Saturday is my first race of the year and my 3rd half marathon. The weather is going to be nice and warm in Moab the high is going to be 73 and low of 45. I am ready for the warm weather. I usually don’t get spring fever but this year it is bad.

I feel ready and trained for the race. I have a friend in my running group that said she wants to run it with me. She is great to run with I have run my other 2 half marathon’s with her. My only worry is her time goal is 10 minutes faster than my goal. She thinks I can run her goal but we will see come Saturday.


I ordered new running shoes Saturday. I went to Ossine Shoes they are awesome if anyone needs new running shoes I recommend going there. I have been wearing the wrong shoes for the past 4 months and didn't realize it. That’s what happens when you try to self analyze what type of running shoes to wear.

These are the shoes that I ordered Brooks Adrenaline GTS9. They didn't have my size so they had to order them in they should be here Wednesday or Thursday. I am hoping and praying they really will be here before I leave town for the race.

2 comments:

Turbo said...

That sounds like it is going to be an awesome time. I'm jealous. Good luck!

Nikki said...

Liz! Are you blogging from work?! Don't get laid off! ;) hahaha jk

Good luck on Saturday. We'll be thinkin' of ya. Make sure to break in the shoes before the run, otherwise it could be pretty miserable.