May 9, 2011

42 miles Goldilocks Bike Ride

This past Saturday I biked Goldilocks girl only bike ride with my sister Danielle and friends Stella, Marsha, and Cyndie. I was planning on training for the ride but the weather has been so bad in Utah that whenever I had time to go for a ride it was snowing or raining. So the farthest ride I got in was maybe 14 miles. I was registered for 42 miles and was going to go down to 20 miles with my friends but my sister Danielle talked me into sticking with 42. I noticed before the race my brake was rubbing so a Papa bear (men that supported the course) fixed my brake.



Race day weather was awesome the high was 80 and at the start it was about 60. The first 20 miles were nice and easy with a little wind. Around mile 20 till mile 26 we had a head wind and uphill on Redwood Road half way up the hill Danielle got a flat which was a nice excuse to take a rest while she fixed her flat. The event was supported really good that we had a number to call and we had 2 papabear's come and finish fixing the flat and biked another 1-2 miles up the hill.



At mile 26 we stopped at the top of the hill and use the port a potty and refilled our water and got some snacks and turned around and got to take advantage of the hill and wind. Around mile 32 we had elevation gain till the finish line. After crossing the finish line I couldn't unclip from my bike and fell over. My knee and leg look pretty nasty from the fall. A cute girl helped me up and gave me my finisher necklace and we enjoyed our free lunch.


A few of us registered for the ride next year before the price goes up by $20.



Here is a picture of Danielle, me, Marsha, and Cyndie before the race.


Here is Danielle fixing her flat tire before the papabear's came to our rescue. I am glad I haven't had to fix a flat yet.

No comments: