
I wore them all day on Thursday and slept in them that night. I wore them again Friday night and wore them to my race. They help so much where they were on my leg was the only place on my legs that didn't hurt in the race. Here is what Jeff Galloway has to say about them.
“The Zensah® leg sleeve could speed up your performance and reduce recovery time. According to research and runner reports compression sleeves improve performance of the most important muscle for running—the calf muscle. The Zensah® leg sleeve is the only calf sleeve which incorporates pin point compression to the calf area. I recommend it for use when traveling on flights to and from a marathon.” - Jeff Galloway
Whenever I run 9 or more miles in the morning I take an ice bath. I turn the water on with cold water and fill the water till it covers my legs. I have my ice maker out of my freezer and while I am in the tub I put all the ice in the tub. I sit in the tub till all of it is melted. Some people wear a sweatshirt or wrap a towel around them I do that sometimes. While it is melting i sit in the tub and play games on my phone or call and talk to someone usually I call my grandma or my sisters (they usually don't know I am sitting in the tub) It helps my legs recover faster from the long run. Today when I put the ice in the water I screamed it was so cold. Here is a picture of my feet from my phone today showing that I am crazy and do it.
I am a slow runner it was my first race and I finished in about 2 hours and 45 minutes. I want to get down to at least a 2:30 half. I am running Moab Other Half October 19th so I will let everyone know how it goes.I am off to nap and then a pedicure
4 comments:
Congratulations on your race! Man, that ice bath stuff is hard core. I wouldn't last 1 second in water that cold.
Ice bath!?!?!?! I think that you might be crazy, but I totally admire your will power.
I am so proud of you Liz! Great job on the race. I know I am not the one to judge but I really think your time was excellent. Remember when you talked to me while I was taking an ice bath after the 5k to keep my mind of the cold? You even knew I was in the bath. :)
HAHA i remember you calling me after the 10K
Post a Comment